I started a new project creating a 1:1 photoreal skytrain environment of the Vancouver Skytrain.
started a new environment to make my portfolio really pop. Going to be an abandoned cinema scene.
ReefKit is almost completed and ready for the marketplace!
Update on ReefKit
Here is a preview update of ReefKit
After releasing Low Poly Adventure Environment, I have started working on a new UE4 pack called ReefKit. It is a pack designed for quick modular construction of a natural or stylised underwater scene!
Posters for the grad show are all ready, spelt 'Their' wrong on the Koala Hospital poster which I need to fix.
CinematicI is all done, with audio and everything! Just need final mocap. Almost all the other cinematics are complete too just need to add mocap!
created sockets for additional animation, rounded off the sound in cinematics I-K and fixed up a few game bugs!
here is an update for the cinematic progress. Cinematic A just got almost all the mocap sorted and is looking good! sound is mostly all there, just a few minor fixes like grandpa dialogue spawning away from camera and little things like flickering water.
I put together a new rolling edit for class and mocked up the poster design for the barn! looks good!
I made progress with my cinematics and interactive things http://imgur.com/a/5tgmo
I put mocap data in, got my sequences all set up so as the mocap data rolls in I put it in through sequencer and all the sound is all ready to bounce!
I did lots today, recorded my voice actors, paid them in Tim Tams, sorted out a lot of bugs I had, increased game play mechanics so they actually work! and learnt how to make 360 degrees, stereoscopic renders out of UE4 which is awesome, takes about 15 seconds per pair of frames to render out which is amazing at 4k. There is an issue with shadows not appearing in the right eye which is an easy fix but that is tomorrow's job!
I finished the Doctor skinning for Russells production and the annoying thing is I got the skin weighting perfect for the side character and the main character skin weights are a bit less perfect than this guy. Oh well, looks good!
I worked on putting sound together today and getting it all in engine and working! Sounds really nice! I have music and SFX and foley and all that jazz!
added some cool things, finalised the edit for The Storm and put production schedule for functional life all in order!
I have made progress on the Barn finally after being distracted by the research paper and sorting out production plans and everything. The Barn looks pretty Australian landscapey now with the trees, also I will be applying colour grading now that I know how it looks so it will be more orange and add a more Aussie feel to the colouration.
I finished off the Storm storyboard, cutting straight to the cloud scene and being fairly short at around 40 seconds long in my mind.
I finished the rig for Josh's character. Skin weights are still a little iffy so i will deliver the rig and fix the skin weights tomorrow.
I've been working hard! I'm directing the storm which is nice, I have Sang and Eliza helping with it so it should be good, had to cut out the boy story and just focusing on the money shots of the ships.
Brought in speedtree models into UE4 and finalised the global wind so it looks good, made a few changes to the landscape do to feedback that the bus looked like it was a rollercoaster.
and rigging joshs and russells characters!
so after dailies I have decided that the third ending should be put on hold, with the two endings making more sense and easily implemented the flow chart is all complete! every step is laid out now as I was just messing around with the ending cinematics there is really much change but here is the flow chart:http://danielabend.weebly.com/uploads/5/1/0/2/51027487/flow_chart.pdf
My rolling edit is all done! Figured out the ending through dailies so I will storyboard that up and get it all ready for screening!
today I rigged Josh's Enrique character. It is poorly skin weighed at the moment but I need to finish ART222 so I can give this character to Josh for blocking and can finish the skin weighting on Wednesday!